CPH: The Beginning

For my birthday my in-laws got me some beautiful Malabrigo yarn in Applewood and the pattern to make the Central Park Hoodie. My mother-in-law had heard me comment on it when we went to Three Black Sheep. So I've been waiting to finish the Lady Eleanor before I started this project. This is my first real sweater (the baby one didn't really count) so I was a bit nervous. I went to the knit along at the shop last night and started. This yarn is so nice to work with. The ladies were very nice and I had a good time. I learned that because of the nature of the Malabrigo yarn I have to alternate skeins so that it won't look all blocky. In order to do this I have to carry the yarn up the side of the project, so I can alternate them every 6 rows or so. I'm looking forward to the next knit along night and in the mean time I'm loving working with this Malabrigo yarn.
I also got some cute place markers as you can see in the picture.

1 comments:

Cactusneedles said...
May 14, 2008 at 9:50 PM

I love that color! I like the CPH in the lighter colors. I think the cables stand out much better. It's definately an easy and quick knit!

Back to Home Back to Top The Knitting Librarian. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.