Is it Moebius or Mobius?

I can't believe I forgot to post about my Moebius scarf. Right before I went on my cruise I watched a Knitty Gritty episode where they demonstrated the Moebius. I became intrigued and decided I wanted to make one. I ordered the Cashmere yarn suggested and after my cruise it was here waiting for me. I started pretty much right away. It's an interesting cast on and was fun to work with. I love the way it came out. I have another skein of yarn, so I may be making another one soon.

I don't know which way to spell Moebius/Mobius. It seems as though both spellings are acceptable. On Ravelry the pattern is spelled with an e, but on the DIY website where I downloaded the pattern it's spelt without the e. I guess it will remain a mystery.

3 comments:

Pippa said...
September 22, 2008 at 2:27 PM

It's possibly Mobius with an umlaut (two dots) over the o. If you don't have an umlaut in your typeface (like me) o unlaut is indicated oe. That's what happens in my English school with the names of our German pupils.

Cactusneedles said...
September 23, 2008 at 12:58 PM

I like that yarn! It knit up very pretty. I have yet to try a mobius/moebius yet. Was it difficult?

Back to Home Back to Top The Knitting Librarian. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.