Rhinebeck!!!

I had such a great time at the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival this past weekend.  Mom and I drove up on Friday night and spent the whole day on Saturday at the Festival.  We got to see a spinning demonstration, go to all the buildings (last year we missed some stuff) and then we even got to go to the Ravelry Party Saturday night.  I got some great yarn and some roving.  I still think I need to take a spinning wheel lesson though.  I tried last night to use the wheel and it just wasn't working for me. 
The great thing at the festival is that everyone is so friendly and ready to help you.  My mother went into a booth for American Heirloom rugs and the woman taught her how to make the rugs and let her sit and try it for a while.  My mom, of course, walked away with her own project, but it was so nice that she was able to try it out before purchasing. Also, the woman giving the spinning demonstration answered so many questions and was very helpful with tips.
At the Ravelry party I got to sit with some people that spin and they were also helpful with tips for spinning.  Everyone was so nice.  It was really cold, but I wore tons of layers and didn't feel too cold which was great. I suggest if anyone is in the Northeast that you should attend the festival next year, it's a really great time!

1 comments:

ktb38 said...
October 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I loved meeting you! What's that yummy first roving?

Back to Home Back to Top The Knitting Librarian. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.