Sheep to Shawl Festival

My mom and I went to the Sheep to Shawl Festival today in Huntington. It was the first time I had seen a sheep being sheared. Look at
how the wool comes off in one piece!

The sheep looked much cuter with all of the wool off! This was just one year's growth, the woman had sheared these sheep last year at the same festival.

I couldn't believe the difference in the outer wool and what the sheep's real color of gray looked like. I wonder when they wash it if it turns back to gray or if it is permanently the yellowish color.

We saw a lot of talented craftspeople making some great things. Although I didn't get to meet the woman that was making the lace tatting I was very impressed with her work. They had lots of crafts for kids to make (yarn dolls, paper bonnets) they also had an old fashioned weaving machine that they taught the kids how to use. There were woman doing rug hooking and a couple of yarn shop people knitting.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top The Knitting Librarian. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.