1 Sock and a Cake

Well I finished one sock today.

Last week I was up to turning the heel and I was completely lost. I tried saying it out loud to my husband, even though he doesn't know anything about knitting. He came over and was very helpful, he started writing numbers and somehow he figured out what I needed to do to turn the heel. If he hadn't helped I'd still be at the heel.

I got to the toe area on Saturday and on Sunday realized that I had messed up, so I had to rip back. I picked up the stitches and continued and had problems again, so again, I ripped it back. I finally got it and worked. It's finished! I still have to do another one, but I finished my first sock!!!! My husband is very happy and is waiting for the next one.
In other news, I had a bridal shower on Sunday and I made a towel cake for the bride and groom. I was very happy with how it came out, even though the pins didn't want to stay in on the bottom layer.

The flowers just gave it that final touch. The best part about it was that the mother of the bride didn't realize it was towels and was wondering how the restaurant got a mousse cake to stay up like that!

2 comments:

Cactusneedles said...
May 22, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Love the socks. They look like my magic stripe socks, but I have the bluish colorway (I can't remember what it's called right now and I don't feel like going upstairs to look). Have a great day.

Unknown said...
June 6, 2007 at 8:58 AM

Congrats on finishing the sock! I know it sucks to rip back but it is always so much better in the end - you will be amazed how much easier it does get...the first one looks great Susan!

I love the towel cake; it seriously looks real!

BTW I finally did my list of seven things - thanks for the tag!

Back to Home Back to Top The Knitting Librarian. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.