Almost There!

The Cabled Hobo Bag is almost finished. I completed knitting it on Monday night. Now it has to have fabric attached and be sewn together, two things I'm not sure how to do. Luckily, my mother has a good friend that is a very crafty person (She once took a dress apart, made a pattern, put the dress back together and was able to return it to the store. She then made her own dress from the pattern. Now that is crafty!) So I've enlisted her help along with my mother's and the three of us are going to get this bag together. I'm hoping that I will have it for Easter Sunday, so I can show it off.

So my mom's friend felt that I should put the bag together and then put the liner fabric in. So I learned how to do a slip stitch with the crochet hook to attach the strap to the bag. It took some getting use to, but I got the hang of it. I had to rip out the stiches on the last side I was attaching twice because the bag wasn't lining up, but I finally got it right. So tomorrow I'm going to find fabric that will line the bag and hopefully we can get it in. According to my mom's friend, "It's a piece of cake!"

In other news, now that I finished knitting the bag I for a brief time returned to my unfinished poncho, but have again put that aside and am back to my patch afghan. But tomorrow is another day and my mom and I are planning to go to a yarn store, so I have a feeling I'll be working on a new project. I'm trying to find a sock pattern to make, being that I've never made socks I want something fairly easy, but not boring. I got a pattern from my mom's friend from a book that was purchased for 10¢ and published in 1952. It's a very plain sock, but should be good since it's my first time knitting socks. Maybe someday I'll be able to make the Norwegian Stockings that I found on "See Eunny Knit", she's amazing...have you seen the stuff she's made!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top The Knitting Librarian. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.