Cabled Hobo Bag continued...

Yesterday I went to my mother's friend's house. Elaine is very crafty and can make almost anything. She made the lining to the cabled hobo bag. I had about a half a yard of the fabric I had chosen. She was able to create the lining with a pocket from that half a yard. We put a piece of foam board in the bottom of the lining to give the bag a bit of stability. Elaine made it that I can remove the foam board if I bring the bag to get dry cleaned.
As you can see from the picture Elaine and my mom are working hard. I cut the foam board and that was my contribution to the lining. My mother made the pocket for the inside of the lining and she crocheted a loop for a button to hook onto (once I find a button). I was also given a type of fabric that is stiff to sew onto the lining. This is also to help give the bag some shape and help it stand up. We have not determined if it is iron-on or not, so I'll have to experiment with that. So now the lining has to be sewn into the bag. Elaine says it's a piece of cake, I am not as positive as she is.
The side of the lining that will be sewn to the inside of the hobo bag.
The side of the bag that will be visible when the bag is opened.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top The Knitting Librarian. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.